Jill Harris is an associate in the Firm’s Litigation Department. She focuses her practice on complex commercial matters, including breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, breach of contract, interference and trade secrets. Jill also defends employers against claims of discrimination, harassment, wage and hour violations and embezzlement. She advises employers on best practices to prevent future litigation.
Jill has experience advocating for her clients before judges and juries in state and federal bankruptcy courts. Jill has represented private equity (PE) funds, advertising firms, commercial lenders, real estate brokers and developers, engineering firms, steel distributors, and staffing companies.
Jill has a depth of experience in:
- Complex commercial litigation
- Employment litigation and counseling
- Fraudulent transfer actions
Jill is admitted to practice law before all courts in the state of California, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the United States District Court for the Central District of California. She is also a member of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers. Jill earned her J.D. at the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. She graduated with her B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Jill's recent notable experience includes her representation of:
- A co-founder and CEO of a digital marketing company in a partnership dispute between the company’s founders, including claims of cybersquatting, fraud, breach of operating agreement, breach of fiduciary duty and employment claims by opposing parties.
- A private equity firm and holding company in a lawsuit against a startup fund and its founders regarding the PE firm’s participation in the opposing party’s funds, as well as the defense of their counter-claims.
- A well-known film producer in connection with termination from one of Hollywood’s major studios.
- A photographer in the defense of an invasion of privacy action filed by a notable actress.
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2014
University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., International Development Studies and Sociology, cum laude, 2011