Josephine Wu is an associate in the Firm’s Corporate Practice Group. Her practice focuses on a variety of corporate matters, including corporate governance, contract negotiation, mergers and acquisitions, and general counseling.
Josephine’s corporate capabilities are informed by her prior experience in commercial litigation and trademark and copyright prosecution. Her clients have included large corporations, family businesses, and high-net-worth individuals across a range of industries.
Josephine has notable experience in:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Corporate governance
- Entity formation
Josephine received her Juris Doctor from the University of California, Davis, where she also completed her Bachelor of Science in managerial economics. While in law school, Josephine served as an executive editor for the Business Law Journal and completed externships with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the California Department of Justice, Attorney General’s Office.
Josephine is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US).
Josephine’s notable experience includes her representation of:
- Wyatt Technology in its $1.36 billion acquisition by Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), a global leader in analytical instruments and software.
- An international holding company in the sale of its U.S. sushi franchise business to a UK-based private equity firm, valued at over $100 million.*
- A multistate RV dealership operation valued at over $90 million in its sale to a public company.*
- An emerging technology company in a joint venture transaction to raise capital for a large-scale project.
- A real estate investment firm in a joint venture transaction for the acquisition of a 1 million sq. ft. industrial piece of land.
*Denotes prior firm experience.
Leadership and Community
Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
University of California, Davis School of Law, J.D., 2016
University of California, Davis, B.S., Managerial Economics, 2011
- New York