Jordan Gary is a litigation associate in Glaser Weil’s Century City office whose practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and government investigations.
Jordan’s experience includes his representation of financial institutions, technology companies, energy companies, sovereign countries and other clients in a diverse array of complex litigation in federal and state courts. He advises clients on shaping and executing legal strategy in all phases of litigation, from pre-suit investigations through trial and appeals.
His has a particular depth of experience in matters involving:
- Commercial litigation
- Mass torts and class actions
- Government investigations
Prior to joining Glaser Weil, Jordan practiced law at an Am Law 100 firm in New York. He served as a law clerk to the Honorable Eric N. Vitaliano, United States District Court, Eastern District of New York.
Jordan earned his J.D. from New York University School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude.
Jordan’s notable experience includes his representation of:
- A sovereign country in cases in the Southern District of New York and the High Court in London relating to the issuance of GDP-linked securities in 2005 and 2010.*
- An international automaker in a three-week jury and bench trial in the Northern District of California. Following 11 days of trial, the jury rejected bellwether consumers’ claims seeking millions of dollars in damages after opting out of the related consumer class action settlements.*
- An international automaker in obtaining the dismissal, affirmed on appeal, of a putative class action in the Northern District of California brought by individuals who purchased and then sold or leased their diesel vehicles before news became public that the vehicles contained defeat devices.*
- An international energy company in civil cases arising out of disruptions of natural gas supplies in the southern United States in the wake of Winter Storm Uri in February 2021, including a one-week bench trial in federal court in Arkansas.*
- A DeFi protocol in connection with a Securities and Exchange Commission investigation.*
*Denotes prior firm experience.
Law Clerk to the Honorable Eric N. Vitaliano, United States District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2020-2021
New York University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2017
Columbia University, B.A., cum laude, 2014
- New York
- District of Columbia