Jack Day is a litigation associate who focuses his practice on complex litigation. Jack represents clients across a wide range of industries, including finance, entertainment, emerging technology, consumer products, and healthcare. He also has extensive experience counseling companies and individuals through government investigations and related civil litigation.
Jack brings a strategic eye to his practice and regularly advises and counsels clients at all stages of litigation, including the pre-litigation stage. He works closely with clients to develop specific objectives and deliver results.
Jack is particularly experienced in:
- Commercial litigation
- Consumer protection actions
- Shareholder disputes
- Employment litigation
- Government investigations
Prior to joining Glaser Weil, Jack was a litigation associate at O’Melveny & Myers. Jack graduated magna cum laude from the University of California, Irvine School of Law. While in law school, he won UCI Law’s Moot Court Competition and was awarded runner-up for best brief. He also successfully briefed and argued an appeal in the Ninth Circuit while participating in UCI Law’s Ninth Circuit Appellate Litigation Clinic.
Jack's notable experience includes his representation of:
- A shareholder of a private company in arbitration, including deposing the opposing party’s damages expert.
- The chief executive officer of a public company, through the pre-litigation stage of an employment-related dispute.
- A music-industry client in securing unpaid royalties from numerous global music publishing companies.
- A health insurer against a false-claims lawsuit brought by the U.S. Department of Justice involving the interpretation of Medicare regulations.*
- The chief executive officer of a public company through an investigation conducted by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission related to financial reporting.*
- The former director of a global consumer products company in multidistrict litigation involving complex issues of international law.*
- An electric transportation company, through numerous regulatory challenges, and in obtaining a favorable settlement agreement for the company in a related lawsuit against a major city.*
- An elite academic institution in conducting an internal investigation related to its admission practices, on behalf of a special committee of the school’s board.*
- A fast food corporation, in securing complete judgment on the pleadings, in a false advertising lawsuit alleging that advertisements were misleading to consumers.*
- A major medical device company in litigation brought by the California attorney general alleging violations of consumer protection laws.*
- A California taxpayer action alleging violations of certain constitutional rights, obtaining reversal of a trial court ruling.*
*Denotes prior firm experience
- Co-author, “Strengthening the Human Right to Food,” 7 U.C. Irvine L. Rev. 2, 2017
University of California, Irvine School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2018
University of Bristol, B.S., Politics, 2014