A highly regarded real estate attorney with more than 40 years of experience, Glaser Weil Partner Daniel Jordan, who chairs the Firm’s Real Estate Department, specializes in real property acquisitions, financing and leasing. In addition, he handles real property environmental law, land entitlements and related issues. Dan was one of the original founders of the Firm in 1988.
Dan is well known in California for his successful representation of investors and developers in large, complex projects involving sales, acquisitions, leases and market repositioning during these challenging economic times for the real estate sector. Dan also has real estate development experience, which affords him special insights into the challenges and objectives of his clients and positions him to provide creative solutions. He has cultivated long-standing relationships built on representing clients’ interests with an unprecedented level of dedication.
Dan is particularly sought after for:
- Real estate acquisitions and dispositions
- Secured lending, restructuring and workouts
- Structuring the ownership and investment vehicles necessary to advance real estate acquisition and development
- Real property environment law
- Land entitlements
Dan obtained his bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Los Angeles, and received his law degree from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law.
Dan is a member of the Board of Governors of United Cerebral Palsy and of the Haifa Foundation and is actively involved on the golf fundraising committee for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Los Angeles.
He was honored as the Century City Bar Association’s “Real Estate Lawyer of the Year” in 2005.
Dan’s recent notable experience includes his representation of:
- Merlone Geier Partners (MGP) in connection with the trading of several of its retail properties in Washington state and California, including:
- The sale to TA Realty of its land parcels in The Village at San Antonio Center, a shopping mall in Mountain View, California.
- The sale of Town Center at Lake Forest Park, a grocery-anchored shopping center.
- The sale of the 118,582-square-foot Sunset Square shopping center in Federal Way to a real estate fund.
- The sale of the 140,020-square-foot shopping center Burien Town Plaza to a local investor and real estate agent.
- A portfolio transaction involving the sale of two of its shopping centers to ROIC, and the concurrent acquisition from ROIC of a third property that is situated within a shopping center owned by, and being redeveloped by, MGP. Glaser Weil led the negotiation, documentation and closing of all three transactions concurrently.
- Tourmaline Capital in:
- Its acquisition of a retail shopping center known as Sunset Square, one of the largest shopping centers in Skagit County, Washington.
- Its acquisition of a retail shopping center in Long Beach, California.
- Balboa Retail Partners in its acquisition of El Monte Plaza, a retail shopping center in El Monte, California.
- Brookfield Properties Management (CA) Inc. in the ground-floor retail leasing of The Village at San Antonio Center.
Awards and Recognition
Awards and Recognition
Real Estate Lawyer of the Year, Century City Bar Association, 2005
Leadership and Community
Board of Governors, United Cerebral Palsy
Member, Haifa Foundation
Member, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Los Angeles
University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D.
University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.