Carolyn Jordan, a partner in Glaser Weil’s Real Estate Department, handles all forms of real estate transactions, ranging from straightforward to complex billion-dollar deals. Carolyn advises clients on real estate acquisitions and dispositions as well as on secured and unsecured financings. She also has experience representing landlords of commercial, industrial and retail properties. Carolyn keeps clients’ objectives at the forefront throughout the course of representation so that matters are handled effectively and efficiently.
Carolyn has worked on several large-scale projects. A landmark of her career is her critical role representing MGM Mirage in the development of Las Vegas’ CityCenter, an $8.5 billion, 67-acre, 18 million-square-foot development and the largest privately funded construction project in U.S. history at the time. Carolyn co-led the team that developed the overall strategy for creating, negotiating and managing the volume of legal documentation associated with developing the multifaceted project.
Carolyn is particularly sought after for:
- Real estate acquisitions, sales and leasing
- Secured lending and finance transactions
- Corporate transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions
Carolyn is very active in community service, presently serving as chair of the Brentwood Community Council, advocating on behalf of the Brentwood community with local, state and federal officials and agencies. Over the course of her career, she has also been involved in supporting philanthropic efforts for schools and universities. This includes serving on the Parents Campaign Philanthropy Board for The George Washington University, on various board committees for Brentwood School (an independent K-12 school in Los Angeles) and as a trustee of Village School (an independent elementary school in Pacific Palisades, California). Carolyn is also involved in Save the Children as a member of its L.A. Associates, and she supports her husband’s service on the board of the Southern California Chapter of United Cerebral Palsy.
Carolyn received her bachelor’s degree, magna cum laude, from the University of California, Los Angeles, and her law degree from the UCLA School of Law. At UCLA, she served on the editorial board of the Federal Communications Law Journal and as administrative chair of the UCLA Moot Court Honors Program. Carolyn also received the American Jurisprudence award in real property and was a member of the Order of the Barristers.
Carolyn’s notable experience includes her representation of:
- MGM Mirage in the development of Las Vegas’ CityCenter, an $8.5 billion, 67-acre, 18 million-square-foot development and the largest privately funded construction project in U.S. history at the time. Carolyn co-led the team that developed the overall strategy for creating, negotiating and managing the volume of legal documentation associated with developing the multifaceted project. Her work included a joint venture with Dubai World to acquire a 50% interest in CityCenter for $2.7 billion, a complicated $1.8 billion credit facility from a consortium of eight lenders, the project’s land use and entitlements, and CityCenter’s relationship with premier owner, operator and retail developer the Taubman Company.
- M & H Realty Partners, the Merlone Geier Partners (MGP) predecessor, in connection with multiple sales of several tracts of residential and commercial land components that are part of a larger land development project in Sacramento, California.
- MGP in the sale to TA Realty of its land parcels in The Village at San Antonio Center, a shopping mall in Mountain View, California.
- MGP in connection with a portfolio transaction involving the sale of two of its shopping centers to Real Opportunity Investments Corp. (ROIC) and the acquisition from ROIC of a third property that is situated within a shopping center owned and being redeveloped by MGP. Glaser Weil led the negotiation, documentation and closing of all three transactions concurrently.
- MGP in connection with the trading of several of its retail properties in Washington state and California.
Awards and Recognition
Awards and Recognition
Corporate America Legal Elite 2015 - Award for Excellence in Financing and Leasing - California
Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Rated
Southern California Super Lawyers, included in the Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel edition
Leadership and Community
Chair, Brentwood Community Council
Member, California Bar Association
Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
Member, Commercial Real Estate Women
Member, The George Washington University Parents Campaign Philanthropy Board
Trustee, Village School
L.A. Associate, Save the Children
University of California, Los Angeles, J.D.
University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., Communication Studies, magna cum laude