Alaina Bird is an associate in Glaser Weil’s Litigation Department. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including breach of contract, fraud and partnership disputes.
Prior to joining Glaser Weil, Alaina worked in the business litigation practice at a global law firm. She has depth of experience in:
- Complex commercial litigation
- Real estate and financial services litigation
- Class actions
Alaina earned her J.D. in 2017 from UCLA School of Law, where she received the Michael T. Masin Scholar Award and was elected to the Order of the Coif. She earned her B.A. in journalism in 2013 from Point Loma Nazarene University, where she received summa cum laude and valedictorian honors.
Alaina’s notable experience includes her representation of:
- Post Investment Group in an eight-figure dispute concerning an alleged oral partnership agreement relating to various real estate holdings that resulted in a successful settlement.
- A global technology company against breach of contract claims in a nationwide class action filed in the Northern District of California.
- An international developer and its receivers, owners of both residential and commercial properties, in a high-profile lawsuit brought by the San Diego City Attorney’s Office.
- A private equity firm and holding company in a lawsuit against a startup fund and its founders regarding the private equity firm’s participation in the opposing parties’ funds.
- A secured lender to a gym owner in a breach of contract dispute against a general contractor in connection with the construction of a state-of-the-art fitness facility.
UCLA School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, Michael T. Masin Scholar, 2017
Point Loma Nazarene University, B.A., Journalism, summa cum laude, valedictorian, 2013