In this matter we:
- handled the core litigation and trial in Delaware Chancery Court in the matter Schnatter v. Papa John’s International, Inc., C.A. No. 2018-0542-AGB (Del. Ch.), in which the Chancellor of Delaware ruled that the Board of Directors of Papa John’s International and others must give Mr. Schnatter numerous documents, a ruling which came after a full trial on the matter and expanded Delaware law in meaningful ways;
- represented Mr. Schnatter in connection with an investigation conducted by a Special Committee of the Company’s Board of Directors;
- defending Mr. Schnatter in an ongoing class action matter Danker, et al. v. Papa John’s International, Inc., et al., No. 18-cv-7927 (S.D.N.Y.) filed in federal court in the Southern District of New York;
- engaged counsel in the Washington D.C. area who provided corporate and regulatory legal advice to us and Mr. Schnatter;
- coordinated litigation filed by Mr. Schnatter in state court in Kentucky regarding the breach of certain agreements;
- managed the work of other advisors, including highly-respected investment bankers who provided strategic financial advice to us and Mr. Schnatter; and
- coordinated public relations provided by Sitrick & Co. as to these matters.
Indeed, so successful was this effort that Benchmark Litigation award an “Impact Case of the Year” award to Garland A. Kelley for the Schnatter v. Papa John’s matter that went to trial in Delaware Chancery court. A demonstration of the firm’s national reach, it is notable that this “Impact” award went to a California recipient for a significant Delaware court decision.