Peter M. Bransten
220 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
- Copyright & Idea Theft Litigation
University of Southern California, J.D.
University of California at Berkeley, B.A., History
State Bar Admissions
Peter Bransten, Of Counsel in the Firm’s San Francisco office, has extensive experience practicing complex litigation in federal and state court. His commercial litigation experience encompasses many significant matters involving intellectual property, business torts, creditors’ rights and insolvency issues, including the representation of:
- An international provider of computer hardware maintenance services in copyright litigation with manufacturer of computer database applications and hardware systems;
- A regional newspaper in a dispute over rights to trademark;
- A multinational technology company in dispute with liquidator of an insolvent issuer of trade credit insurance;
- A pharmaceutical company in an International Chamber of Commerce arbitration concerning trade secrets relating to the production of bio-pharmaceutical product;
- A pharmaceutical company in a dispute with university over the licensing of patent rights;
- A well-known music group in a dispute involving copyright and trademark issues;
- A bankruptcy trustee in multiple adversary proceedings arising from consolidated bankruptcy cases of a regional homebuilder, including claims for the recovery of fraudulent and preferential transfers under the Bankruptcy Code;
- A german-based Insolvency Administrator in action by a private equity fund seeking to enforce contractual obligations of a defunct internet service provider; and
- The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Resolution Trust Corporation prosecuting claims arising from failed savings and loans, including, director and officer liability claims and claims for professional malpractice.
With a long-standing strong personal interest in the visual arts, Peter frequently represents fine artists, art galleries and arts institutions in disputes and transactional matters concerning the arts including disputes presenting copyright, authenticity, and right of publicity issues, and transactions involving the licensing, purchase and sale, and commissioning of artworks.
Peter currently serves on the Board of the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.
California Lawyers for the Arts
Copyright Society of the USA
Board of Directors, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, San Francisco