Glaser Weil’s Financial Services practice is an inter-disciplinary group that represents banks and other financial services entities in litigation, enforcement, regulatory, compliance, and transactional matters. Firm lawyers have long counseled and represented financial institutions and related companies in defense of state and federal consumer and securities class actions, regulatory and enforcement matters, labor and employment issues, intellectual property matters, and in high-stakes B2B disputes.
We advise clients across the United States and internationally with strategic solutions to help them navigate the complexities of state and federal banking and consumer lending regulations. As a result of the group’s combined decades of experience and track record of success, our attorneys have earned the trust of many of the largest and most well-known retail banks, fintech companies, mortgage lenders and servicers to represent them in critical matters before federal and state regulators, and to defend their most high-profile and sophisticated disputes. Our Restructuring and Loan Workouts team represents and works with borrowers, guarantors, developers, investors, and lenders to provide comprehensive representation in all aspects of loan workouts, extensions, modifications, forbearances, refinancings, deed-in-lieu transactions, foreclosures, recapitalizations and reorganizations.
Past and present clients include:
- Domestic and foreign banks, industrial loan companies, and credit unions
- Investment banks
- Auto finance companies
- Non-bank mortgage lenders and servicers, including master servicers and specialty servicers
- Fintech companies, including marketplace lenders, lead generators and other alternative capital providers
- Broker-dealers and investment advisors
Among other offerings, we:
- Advise clients on fund formation, financings, new products, mezzanine and asset-based financings, private placements, public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, debt restructuring and loan workouts.
- Provide general corporate advice, including with respect to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and other corporate laws.
- Represent clients in significant government regulatory matters and in government relations.
- Advise clients on all state and federal consumer financial laws, including the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), among many others.
- Defend consumer class actions, represent clients in major business-to-business disputes, including with respect to trade secrets and other intellectual property issues.
- Advise and litigate labor and employment disputes, include some of the highest-profile matters in the nation.
- Represent financial clients in significant insurance coverage disputes.
- Represent financial clients with respect to significant crisis management issues.
- Take the toughest cases to trial. No one does it better.
The Firm has launched a Banking Response Task Force, which is monitoring the developing banking crisis. Our Banking Response Resource Center provides a list of important related resources.