- Represented a charitable, nonprofit hospital system on the expansion of its facilities throughout Southern California, including entitlements and development of a campus expansion and several medical office buildings and related facilities.
- Advocated before a port authority, secured the approvals and negotiated the terms for a relocation and extension of a major terminal facility, including the land use, environmental and lease terms of the deal.
- Navigated the process before a water and power agency and a related joint powers authority for a solar farm and water storage and regeneration project in California, including the power purchase and interconnection agreements.
- Represented separate water utilities twice in obtaining insurance coverage for CERCLA lawsuit brought based on allegations that pumping activity moved groundwater plume.
- Represented the Los Angeles Unified School District and the Santa Monica Community College District in special projects.
- Assisted client relating to issues involving emissions allowances and offsets generated pursuant to California’s cap-and-trade program.
- Provided regulatory counsel concerning numerous compliance issues relating to water rights and water quality matters, including issues relating to wetlands and stormwater permitting and regulatory requirements relating to drinking water standards and protocols.