- Lead environmental counsel in lease of approximately 200 service stations.
- Received a $40 million judgment against the Department of Defense in a CERCLA cost recovery action on a unique theory of liability.
- Lead counsel on environmental issues for construction of Project CityCenter in Las Vegas — the largest privately funded construction project in the world.
- Lead Counsel for Huffy, Inc. in San Gabriel Valley Superfund Site, which resulted in the largest Superfund settlement in the country at that time.
- Representing one of the largest Chapter 11 debtors in the State of California in prosecution on numerous actions against its insurers with respect to environmentally contaminated properties owned in Central California.
- Representing major hotel developer in resolving air permitting issues for one of the largest hotel developments in the world.
- Representing separate water utilities twice in obtaining insurance coverage for CERCLA lawsuit brought based on allegations that pumping activity moved groundwater plume.
- Performed a lead role in negotiating the consent decrees that govern private sector clean-up obligations for the San Fernando Valley Superfund Site, one of the largest groundwater contamination problems in the nation, and at a number of other major Superfund sites in Southern California and Arizona.
- Represented the lead PCB defendant in United States v. Montrose Chemical Company, the first major natural resource damage action brought by the federal government on the West Coast.