The Intellectual Property Group has a winning track record for the enforcement and defense of patent, trademark, copyright and trade secrets claims in trials, arbitrations and appeals nationwide. We also successfully represent clients in litigation before the International Trade Commission (ITC) and the Patent & Trademark Office (PTO).
Our IP litigators are top-ranked by Chambers USA and Best Lawyers in America for expertise in complex, high-profile patent and copyright litigation and as one of the top 10 choices nationally in trademark litigation. We bring powerful advocacy, creative solutions and a committed, experienced team to every case, large or small. We don’t just litigate – we win.
In a recent patent trial, we defeated multimillion dollar patent infringement and indemnity claims over telecommunications patents involving the routing of wireless telephone calls. We also defeated a $200 million patent infringement claim by invalidating three life sciences patents on summary judgment, and maintained our victory through an en banc appeal to the Federal Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court. We recently won summary judgment in three patent infringement cases.
We have tried multiple trademark, trade dress and copyright cases to juries with outstanding results. We obtained a $30 million dollar payment and a worldwide injunction for our client in a trademark and trade dress infringement action. We won two copyright cases on summary judgment and obtained several consent judgments and permanent injunctions for plaintiffs in cases involving copyright, trademark and patent infringement.
Our attorneys have expertise in a wide range of industries, including telecommunications, automotive, aerospace, computer hardware and software, electronics, semiconductors and fabrication, specialty chemicals, footwear and apparel, food and beverage, life sciences and pharmaceutical, new media and internet technologies, medical devices, toys and entertainment, online games and apps, and more. We also counsel clients in IP sales, licensing and acquisitions.
Our active Pacific Rim practice includes representation of well-known companies from China, Korea, Japan and other Asian countries. Our Asian clients are drawn to the vigorous representation we provide, our key language capabilities (including attorneys and staff who are fluent in Chinese and Korean) and our familiarity with foreign jurisdictions. This provides our clients with the convenience of communicating in their native language and enables us to handle complex, cross-border litigation matters efficiently.
Clients who can choose any firm often choose Glaser Weil because:
- We have a proven track record of winning cases against law firms many times our size and against some of the best and toughest lawyers in the country.
- We are not just “paper” lawyers – we are trial lawyers who know how to win jury and bench trials.
- We have the technical capability to handle complex, high-stakes cases in virtually every industry. Our IP attorneys have degrees in automotive and aeronautics, biology, chemistry, electrical engineering, physics, mathematics and the computer sciences.
- Our cost-effective representation can make the difference between a meaningful victory and a symbolic one.
- Winning an IP case does not require an army of lawyers. It requires the tenacity, expertise and judgment to develop and implement winning strategies.
The Firm’s Intellectual Property Sub Practice Areas include:
- Patent Litigation
- US PTO Proceedings Before PTAB (including Inter Partes Review, Covered Business Method Review and Post-Grant Review)
- US ITC Section 337 Litigation
- Trademark & Trade Dress Litigation
- US PTO Proceedings Before TTAB
- Copyright & Idea Theft Litigation
- Trade Secret & Unfair Competition Litigation
- Life Sciences
- Appellate Practice
- Intellectual Property Counseling, Licensing & Technology Transactions