The Crisis Management & Response Practice Group reflects a strategic alliance with Freeh Sporkin & Sullivan, LLP (“FSS”) and Freeh Group International Solutions, LLC (“FGIS”) that is capable of deploying vast resources and experience as a combined legal and investigative powerhouse focused on risk management, investigations, and comprehensive representation in highly complex and strategic matters.
The new alliance includes Louis J. Freeh, who leads FSS and FGIS, served as Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, was a federal judge in the Southern District of New York, as well as an Assistant United States Attorney in that District, and Glaser Weil, who Benchmark Litigation ranks as “Highly Recommended” – one of only 25 law firms in California to earn this elite status.
The legal, regulatory and social media landscapes have evolved over the past several years and penalties for corporate non-compliance or litigation missteps can be very severe. This unique alliance provides a complete package of consultative, investigative and litigation services to help promote and ensure client compliance as well as rapid response, including full-scale litigation, when crisis erupts.
The new strategic alliance provides clients with one-stop access to some of the country’s top lawyers and investigators, who can work together to provide counsel and representation regarding White Collar crime, securities and environmental litigation, and cyber security and data protection.
- Fred Heather, co-chair of the Group and a former Assistant United States Attorney with over 30 years of practice defending corporations and their executives in complex civil and White Collar cases has stated, “There is no equivalent to the combined experience and reputation of Louie Freeh and his colleagues, and our firm’s ability to rapidly and aggressively represent our clients, including public and private companies, colleges, sports and entertainment ventures, defense contractors, gaming enterprises, hospitals, banks, and securities-related businesses of all sizes who find themselves faced with the need for experienced and deeply credible investigations and world class litigators.”
- Garland A. Kelley, co-chair of the Group and a securities litigator with more than 25 years of experience consulting with, and litigating for, exceptional clients around the world stated, “Glaser Weil’s national reach is well-established, with important litigation matters throughout California, New York, Delaware, and numerous other states. This alliance will further our global reach, and the capability to offer the gold standard in investigative prowess coupled with top-shelf creative legal representation.”
- Lawrence Hadley, co-chair of the Group and an intellectual property attorney with more than 25 years of experience in high-stakes IP matters and Chair of Glaser Weil’s Intellectual Property Department stated, “The ability to have the Freeh Group’s resources in complex intellectual property matters like trade secrets, cyber security and data breach, and patent infringement, particularly their unique forensic capabilities, will allow us to offer our clients capabilities that few, if any law firms can match.”
- Benjamin F. Scotti, who has worked alongside Mr. Freeh for over 10 years on a number of high profile domestic and international engagements, will lead the Freeh Group’s involvement in the alliance. Mr. Freeh stated, “All of us at FSS and FGIS are thrilled and delighted to work with Glaser Weil, one of the most respected and talented law firms in the United States. Glaser Weil’s outstanding lawyers enjoy a national reputation for excellence and litigation success. It is truly a privilege to work in tandem with this great partnership, where our combined investigative, prosecutorial and white collar criminal experience will provide our clients with a unique and powerful advantage.”
PRACTICE AREA SPECIALTIES
Cyber Services and Data Protection
- Defense of actions filed under the new provisions of the California Consumer Privacy Act, Cal. Civ. Code 1798.150, including both litigation and expert testimony on duty to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information to protect personal data
- Insurer prevention protocol and incident response compliance
- Vulnerability audits and assessments
- Prevention planning and anti-breach software
- Penetration testing
- Table top exercises and employee education
- Incident response
- Forensic services and investigations
- Evidence preservation
- Policy development and review
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Trade Secret and Unfair Competition Litigation
- Patent litigation
- Copyright and trademark litigation
- IP auditing
Electronic Discovery and Evidence Preservation Services
Click here to read Daily Journal's article on the Crisis Mangement & Response Department. (subscription required)