Century City Litigation Associate
3-5 Years’ Litigation Experience
At Glaser Weil, you will work with a team of passionate and driven attorneys on challenging and often high-profile business disputes and complex commercial litigation matters, including entertainment, employment, intellectual property, real estate and construction cases. The successful candidate will be forward-thinking and well-rounded, with the ability to become a leader both within and beyond the legal profession. This position is based in our Century City (Los Angeles) office.
Attractive Candidates Will Have:
- Impeccable written, verbal, analytical and advocacy skills
- A can do attitude and self-starter mindset
- Enthusiasm and demonstrated success working and collaborating in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to develop creative solutions to meet client needs
- The ability to engage directly with clients, lead significant projects and provide exceptional client service
- Excellent academic credentials from a nationally recognized law school
Candidates must be admitted to practice law in California.
At Glaser Weil, You Can Count On:
- Hands-on experience. Associates are given hands-on training, including opportunities to conduct and defend depositions, attend and handle court hearings, play key roles in jury trials and arbitrations and manage client relationships. As a midsize firm, Glaser Weil counts on every member of its litigation department to add value to and play an integral in the Firm’s success. New associates are given genuine opportunities to thrive within a true merit-based system.
- Meaningful work. Glaser Weil is called upon regularly to represent high-profile, sophisticated clients in their most important and sensitive disputes in which the stakes are high, the challenges are great, and the issues are far-reaching and complex. Our winning track record is fueled by our attorneys’ unique combination of tenacity, skill and unwavering commitment to our clients.
- A pathway to partnership. At Glaser Weil, we invest in our people. The best way for an associate to become a partner is to think and act like a partner and to treat the Firm’s clients as her or his own. The Firm has a flexible partnership track that depends principally on each associate’s development, contributions to the Firm and broader legal community and demonstrated ability to become a future business developer.
- Support. Upon joining the Firm, associates are assigned both a partner mentor and an associate mentor to help guide them through the onboarding process and to ensure successful integration into the Firm.
- Business development training. Associates are encouraged to work with our Business Development and Marketing professionals to develop a business plan that will help guide their contributions to the Firm’s broader growth objectives while ensuring that their own professional milestones are met.
- A positive work culture. Glaser Weil promotes a culture of camaraderie and close professional relationships set within a collaborative team environment. Employees enjoy a business casual, open-door atmosphere and an informal management structure. Involvement in community organizations, both locally and beyond, is strongly encouraged and supported.
The base compensation range for this position is $220,000 - $260,000. These numbers do not reflect a successful candidate’s total compensation. Base compensation is only the guaranteed component of the total compensation package and does not include discretionary bonuses and the other career-enhancing opportunities of joining the Firm.
To be considered for a position, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Law school transcript
- Writing sample
Please note: Glaser Weil will post open positions on our website. We will not accept unsolicited resumes, and consider any resume not received through our recruiting email or sent to anyone at the Firm outside the recruiting team to be unsolicited. Recruiters/search firms must have a written, executed agreement with Glaser Weil prior to submitting information regarding candidates. If a recruiter/search firm submits an unsolicited resume, Glaser Weil will not be bound by that search firm’s terms or otherwise be obligated to pay any compensation in connection with the submitted candidate.